Blog Archives

Combining Steps in Behat for Drupal

Lately I have found myself repeating several lines of behat steps over and over again. Here is a sample of the behat code I use to choose a specific checkbox from an entity browser popup:

There are a few steps in here

Tagged with: ,
Posted in Development

Adding Level Number Class to Menu Items in Drupal 8

This is a quick post showing how to add level classes to menu items in Drupal 8. Here’s the result, showing the additional menu--level-N  and menu-item--level-N  classes: Step 1: Create a New Twig template File Determine which Twig template you need to

Tagged with: , ,
Posted in Development

Hiding Country from an Address Field’s Output in Drupal 8

There are two field formatters available on an Address field in Drupal 8: The Plain formatter uses a Twig template file but it would take some work to override with the proper markup. The Default formatter doesn’t use a Twig

Tagged with: , ,
Posted in Development

Access Entity Properties in a Field Twig Template

This doesn’t need much of an explanation. You can use any entity methods as far as I can tell. Here’s an example showing how to get the node ID in a field template:

 

Tagged with: ,
Posted in Development

Modifying Rows During a Drupal 8 CSV Migration

Migrate Source CSV is currently the source plugin of choice for doing a CSV-to-Drupal migration with the Migrate API in Drupal 8. In this post I will demonstrate how to manipulate the CSV data in realtime during the migrate:import operation.

Tagged with: , , , ,
Posted in Development

404 Error Serving a /libraries page in Drupal 8

It took some time to figure out why I kept seeing a 404 error (page not found) on http://www.mysite.com/libraries. The issue seemed to only present itself on our Acquia environments. Ultimately I realized that there was a conflict due to

Tagged with: , ,
Posted in Development

Joining Strings in a Drupal Views Field using Twig

I have two optional fields on a Drupal 8 content type: City and State. Both are rendered as simple text. In a fields-based View I wanted to show the field output as “Portland” or “Portland, OR”, or “OR”. First, I added the two

Tagged with: , , ,
Posted in Development

Drupal + Twig: Render Taxonomy Terms and Comma-Separated List

Here’s a snippet that renders the terms in a multi-value taxonomy reference field (in a node template) as plain text items separated by commas. Yes, you could get the string into the desired format using PHP, but I wanted to

Tagged with: , ,
Posted in Development

Migrating Specific Fields in a D8 Migration

I recently needed a way to update the value of a single field of a D7 to D8 node migration. The client was already updating the migrated content so I had to be careful with what I migrated. The entity

Tagged with: , ,
Posted in Development

Migrating a Drupal 7 User Profile2 Image Field to a Drupal 8 User Image Field

Consider this scenario: Drupal 7 site contains Profile2 profile called person with image field called field_oldsite_person_image. Users each have a profile2 profile associated with their account. Drupal 8 site has an image field called field_newsite_user_photo on the user entity itself. If you need to

Tagged with: , , , ,
Posted in Development